Friday 7 September 2012

What Abbi Did Next.

(PLEASE EXCUSE THE CAPITALS IN MY TITLE. ITS A MICKEY TAKE OF WHAT KATIE DID NEXT)

So I've finished my A levels, had a pretty good summer and am now left wondering what the next step is.

I have come to this conclusion: I WANT TO GO INTO PR.

PR (otherwise known as Public Relations) is an industry which immediately excites me. It is all about maintaining the reputation of your clients - be it in agency, a company or an individual. And the thing is, you're often supporting a number of companies at the same time. As many different problems arise, it is up to you to come up with a solution. This involves a lot of quick thinking.

PR is also about having the ability to communicate well. I think a lot of my friends would be able to say (reasonably) confidently, that I'm good at this!

It is also about being creative and thinking of new ideas which may be a little crazy or somewhat 'outside of the box'. I'm pretty crazy myself and have a very vivid imagination - which has sometimes resulted in some very disturbing dreams..

So yeah, there you have it. PR is what I want to do. I have looked into university courses which are PR or PR related and so will be applying very shortly. In the meantime however, I am looking for a job or some work experience which will hopefully allow me to develop some of those skills needed.

I will of course keep you all updated.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment