Wednesday 29 May 2013

Nights out and me.

So over the past year or so, I've discovered alcohol. As a child, my parents drummed into me that alcohol in excess has the power to change the way you act and the things you do. So, I grew up with the understanding that too much alcohol isn't good for you.

Up until a year ago, I wouldn't really touch alcohol. I hadn't found a single wine or beer that I had liked when going into pubs with my parents. But all this changed when I went clubbing for the first time, soon my friends were encouraging me to try drinks I hadn't heard of and happily I did. And I'm not going to stand here and say they were forcing me or pressuring me, because they weren't. I was enjoying myself, too.

But after having gone clubbing about once every to every other week, clubbing is beginning to lose its fun factor. Or at least clubbing in the few clubs near where I live. Instead I want to do other things during the evening. I want to go out for fancy meals, take part in a quiz, go to a roller blade disco, go on a ghost walk. To be honest with you all, I want to make my life that little bit more exciting. I will still go out on nights out to clubs, and still party hard. But I also want to make sure I do other things as well. After all, you only live once, and I want to make sure I get the best out of that one life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment